The Virtual AD/HD Conference Podcast Series is a special edition of the ADHDmanagement.com Podcast.
Medication should never be used lightly in any area of medicine, but decisions regarding ADHD medication have become particularly fraught. On the one hand, we must balance likely benefits of treating versus possible side effects. On the other, expecting too much from medication without an emphasis on the whole picture creates unrealistic expectations.
Regardless of what a family decides in the long run, objectivity and a comprehensive understanding of ADHD support skillful choices every step of the way. For any child with ADHD it’s not a matter of ‘either/or’ in choosing between options for intervention, but seeing ADHD with as much clarity as possible.
- Why parents are often afraid of medicating their kids’ ADHD
- Why medicating for ADHD is no different than medicating for an ear infection
- What he thinks parents should know when they are making the decision of whether or not to medicate a child
Click here to find out more about Dr. Kenny’s session on Mindful Medication: Clear-sighted Decision Making for Parents and Children at the upcoming Virtual AD/HD Conference.
And don’t forget: The Virtual AD/HD Conference is just 4 days away!! This is your opportunity to:
- Interact with the top experts in the world of ADHD
- Get your ADHD questions answered
- Connect with your peers in the ADHD community
- Get the tools and resources that you and your family need to succeed with ADHD
- And—best of all—get all this without ever leaving home!
Register NOW to save $50 on the already-affordable registration fee! (The price goes up at 9am EDT on Monday!)